- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-05-08
- Count Views：1552
- Correction : For inmates to have education courses, skill training courses, literal and artistic activities, laws education, religious education, rehabilitation, living and medical services, etc.; helping inmates to eliminate their bad habits, to change themselves to become better, to learn life skills, to develop a law-abiding attitude, to have positive attitudes toward life, to return back to society by adjusting themselves for a proper social life and to be law-abiding citizens.
- Public Service : Handling any matter related to inmates. Public service is also offered to inmates’ relatives; all officers offer information and services to those people who are in need. All matters will be settled with efficiency and quality for inmates’ relatives. Hopefully because of our warmhearted and sound service, inmates’ relatives could support our efforts in the re-education of inmates here. All of us could encourage the female prisoners to be more reflective and to discipline themselves not to violate the laws.
Functions and Duties of Each Section
- Education and Enlightenment Section : To educate inmates is the principal task. With benevolence and a caring attitude, we reeducate and train inmates. We make efforts to realize educational ideas in this prison: humane, transparent and reasonable schooling. We hope to improve inmates and help them to become good people. Hopefully we carry out our mission so that inmates get education instead of punishment. The main direction of education is cultivation; the secondary direction involves cultural and leisure activities.
- General Affairs Section : Inspection and improvement of the main and secondary food supply for inmates; gifts for inmates on festivals; maintenance of inmates’ deposits and personal belongings; management of inmates’ fees for rehabilitation; assisting inmates’ relatives to proceed with home visits, funeral attendance, in-prison and out-of-prison applications; phone service to inmates’ relatives and other public service.
- Sanitation and Health Section :Making a health check of inmates; strengthening the immune system; prevention and control of infectious diseases; sound medical system; implementing health education; kitchen and food control, environmental hygiene check; prevention of chest diseases as well as other related group infections within the prison; implementation of random inspections; medical contracts with all hospitals and clinics in the region so as to take care of inmates who are unwell and provide necessary treatments.
- Investigation Section : The investigation classification system is one of the important polices of sentence execution. Its purpose is to apply scientific methods to investigate newly-imprisoned inmates as to their personalities, physical and mental conditions, family background, life experiences, educational degrees and other related matters. Based on medical study, psychology, educational study, sociology and so on, inmates are given personal treatment after evaluation.
- Guard and Control Section : Giving counseling instead of casting blame; encouragement instead of punishment; explaining and correcting mistakes; inspiration with humanity and dignity; strengthening mutual communication with inmates; offering distance meetings with inmates; phone-reservation of interviewing; phone service to the public; information offered in the reception room; setting policies to respond to dangers or crises; enhancing capabilities to handle crises; solidifying security management system; accurate control of inmates’ conditions; promotion of ‘Rehabilitation Area Project;’ prohibition of objects forbidden inside the prison.
- Business Section : Instructions to inmates for their assignments; establishment of training courses and evaluation of inmates’ performance; calculation of inmates’ labour income and job distributions; training of inmates’ life skills and developing of diligent living habits as so to obtain employment outside prison and to avoid recidivism.