Ordinary meetings and correspondence
- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-05-08
- Count Views：1705
Regulation concerning meetings with family members or relatives and correspondence
- According to Article 22 of the Statute of Rehabilitation Penalty, inmates are entitled to meet with their closest family or relatives as well as with other relatives, and have correspondence; however, those who hamper the execution of rehabilitation penalty or inmates’ interests are restricted or prohibited from having meetings with inmates.
- Whether inmates can have meetings or correspondence with non-family or relatives must be approved by the director. Permission must be for a reason which benefits the execution of inmates' rehabilitation penalty.
- Inmates (including out-of-prison open prison inmates): It is only restricted to the closest family or relatives unless there is a special reason. If some special reason occurs, inmates will be allowed to meet with others or have correspondence.
- Inmates who have rehabilitation penalty: according to Article 21 of the Statute of Rehabilitation Penalty, the kinds and quantity of necessary supplies must be limited. Drinks and food are not allowed. However, there are exceptions on the following holidays. On these holidays, people still need to follow the previous regulation for arrangement.
- From Chinese New Year's Eve to January 5th (in the lunar calendar).
- January 1st, 2nd, Mother's Day, Dragon Boat Festival, Full Moon Festival.
- Defendant: There is no limit on personal status when visiting defendants. They are allowed to have 1 visit every day. Defendants held incommunicado are not allowed to have any visits. Close relatives (third degree of relationship) are allowed to send food.
- Rehab people under observation: Limited to spouse or lineal relative by blood. They are allowed to have 1 visit every week. According to the Statute of Execution for Rehabilitation Penalty, no food and beverage is allowed to be sent in. However, they are allowed to accept daily necessities that comply with the regulations of items prescribed by our prison.
- Juvenile inmates: Limited to spouse, lineal relative by blood, third degree of collateral relationship, relationship by affinity in collateral relatives by blood within two generations. 2 visits per day are accepted.
- Rehab juvenile under observation: Limited to spouse and lineal relative by blood. 1 visit every week is allowed. According to the Statute of Execution for Rehabilitation Penalty, no food and beverage is allowed to be sent. However, they are allowed to accept daily necessities that comply with the regulations of items prescribed by our prison.
- Families of inmates under 12 are not included in the number of visitors.
- From Monday to Friday: 08:30-11:30 A.M; 13:30-16:00 P.M.
- Sunday (the first Sunday each month) 08:30-11:30A.M.; 13:30-16:00 P.M.
- Out-of- prison labor at a branch prison: From Monday to Friday Check-in time:11:30-11:50 A.M.；Meeting time:12:00-12:30 P.M.
- Independent out-of-prison labor (painting workers): Monday to Friday 6:00-7:00pm (30 minutes each time)
Meetings and times of mails
- Inmates :
- Once a week for inmates who have a 4th level sentence (including unclassified inmates) .
- Once every four days for inmates who have a 3rd level sentence (once every five days) .
- Once every three days for inmates who have a 2nd level sentence.
- Twice a day for the inmates who have a 1st level sentence.
- Meetings and correspondences with non-family or relatives are allowed to inmates who have a 3rd level sentence or above.
- Once a week for the inmates who have a rehabilitation penalty.
- Applicants are not allowed to have a meeting with an inmate in our prison when they are thought likely to disturb prison disciplines or our inmates' interests.
- Only 2 visitors are allowed at a meeting with an inmate in the prison. Applicants should bring ID cards.( Families of inmates under 12 are not restricted by the regulations.)
Application procedures for a meeting with the inmates here
- Each family gets a numbered card and fills out The Application Form for Delivering Items to the Inmates.
- Family registers according to its number and give valid documentation (ID card, driving/riding license, passport, insurance IC card etc.) for identity inspection.
- If a family member's document is not in line with the information which the registration has, he/she is not allowed to meet the inmate.
- If a family member is allowed to meet the inmate after inspection, he/she should wait at the standby place for the registered time of meeting.
- Visits are conducted by sessions. The identifications of families and relatives are double-checked. All the mobile communication devices must be turned off or turned to silent mode before entering the reception zone for visits. During the visit, no electronic device is allowed.
Procedures of Remittance
- If the family would like to settle a remittance, please fill out ‘Application for Transferring Deposit’ in the registration window and give the money to the clerk at the counter. He/she will transfer the remittance.
- If there is no mistake in the amount of money which family remits, the clerk gives the ‘receipt of deposit’ to the family who should make a double check on the spot.
- Inmates are allowed to keep a maximum of NT$ 8,000 in cash, including stamps, money drafts, and more. However, for special purposes (such as paying medical bills, criminal bail, and more) the sum of money exceeding the prescribed maximum sum will be allowed with the supervisors’ approval by written applications.
- Please do not bring any personal mobile phone, camera, VCR, recorder or other communication equipment into the reception room.
- Those who are found to have forbidden or dangerous objects will be required to leave immediately. The meeting would be cancelled.
- Drunkards or psychotic people or people who are not clear-minded are not allowed to meet inmates.
- If there is any shouting, fighting or destructive behaviour during the meeting, the meeting will immediately be cancelled.
- The maximum of 2 visits of the same or different inmate per day is allowed. However, families are excluded from the regulation. (Adjust English webpage)
- For inmates that violate rules and regulations with the penalty of suspending reception by approval, during the days of penalty, they are not allowed to apply for reception and posting any objects. (Adjust English webpage)
- People refused to be received by inmates with approval of applications are not allowed to apply for reception. (Adjust English webpage)
- If inmates violate any rules and regulations during the reception of families and relatives, they are forbidden to apply for reception. (Adjust English webpage)
- For visitors that intend to bring animals in the reception zone, they must hold the animals throughout the entire visit. If it affects other people, the reception will be canceled immediately. (Adjust English webpage)
- For money sent that is regarded as inappropriate or the name and address of senders are unclear, or it is refused by the inmates, it should be returned. For those that are unable to be returned, they will be confiscated or discarded. (Adjust English webpage)
- For those that have not been registered for reception, they are not allowed to replace or accompany those with registration for reception. (Adjust English webpage)
- For sending things with special needs (such as reading glasses, protective devices, and more), it should be done with a written application by the inmates in advance. Those things are allowed to be sent with approval at the reception window. For people intending to send parcels or letters, they should send them at the mailroom in the administration building (the mail slip should be pasted on the box).